We have helped many clients deal with employment law cases. Employment relationships often give an employee a number of rights, whether they be found in statute or in some kind of writing, even an employee manual sometimes. Disputes arising from employment are many and varied, whether for misconduct involved in the hiring or termination of employment process, or at other stages, such as in promotion.
These include the following types of employment law cases:
- Discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age, disability or religious affiliation
- Sexual harassment
- Hostile work environment
- Wrongful or constructive discharge
- Wage and hour disputes
- Retaliatory discharge or demotion
- Covenants not to compete or noncompetition agreements;
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Severance agreements
Guidance from an experienced employment lawyer is recommended for handling any of the above type of disputes. The Smith Law Office will work hard to obtain the best result achievable.
To discuss how we can assist with an employment dispute, please contact the office to schedule an appointment.